The following positions are currently available.
（Assistant Professor in silicon chemistry at the International Open Laboratory, GIAR）
Closed on September 28, 2017
|1. Position Offered||One (1) Assistant Professor
Affiliation: International Open Laboratory (École Nationale Supérieure de
Chimie de Montpellier),
Gunma University Initiative for Advanced Research (GIAR)
1-5-1 Tenjin-cho, Kiryu, Gunma 376-8515 JAPAN
|2. Term of Employment||From December 1, 2017 to March 31, 2020|
|3. Overview|| Gunma University Initiative for Advanced Research (GIAR) was established in 2014 to promote research in the advanced research fields where Gunma University has great strengths by forming research bases for both domestic and overseas researchers.
International Open Laboratory (École Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Montpellier) launched in GIAR aims at the development of novel substances or materials regarding production, storage, and effective usage of energy taking advantage of the element properties of silicon, carbon, or fluorine under the supervision of a PI from ENSCM.
|4. Duties||(1) Carry out research in the field of the development of substances or materials regarding production, storage, and effective usage of energy taking advantage of the element properties of silicon.
(2) May be involved in education of graduate and undergraduate students related to the field of research above.
|5. Salary and Benefits||According to Gunma University Employment Regulations (National health insurance, pension, and labor insurance are included.)|
|6. Qualifications||Applicants are required to have:
(1) a Ph.D. degree.
(2) a Ph.D degree in countries other than Japan, or experience of research in foreign Universities or facilities.
(3) experience and achievement in silicon chemistry or materials chemistry.
(5) outstanding knowledge and experience related to the job duties mentioned above.
|7. Deadline||Thursday, September 28, 2017|
|8. Selection of Candidates||(1) Initial screening will be based on review of application materials.
(2) Shortlisted applicants may be required to interview and make a presentation.
*Applicants will be informed with details at a later date.
(3) Applicants will be informed of the final decision by post by mid-November.
|9. Starting Date||December 1, 2017|
|10. Application Materials||(1) A Curriculum Vitae (Form 1)
(2) A List of Publications and Activities (Form 2)
(3) Copies of up to 3 publications
(4) A Summary of previous research activities and a Statement of Future Research Plans (Approximately one A4-size page)
(5) A letter of recommendation or a list of persons to whom the applicant’s research and educational achievement can be referred (up to 2 persons, the list should include the name and contact information)
* All the documents provided by applicants will be used only for the selection, and will not be disclosed or provided to any third party without justifiable reasons. The application documents will not returned.
|11. Send application to||Advanced Research Support Office,
Research Promotion Division,
Maebashi, Gunma 371-8511 JAPAN
*Send the application by registered mail and indicate “Application Enclosed” on the envelope.
|12. For further information, contact||Advanced Research Support Office, Research Promotion Division, Gunma University
TEL +81 (0)27-220-8116 / 8028 FAX +81 (0)27-220-8114
(Please replace “#@#” with “@”.)
|13. Other||At GIAR, we are actively promoting both education and research activities while relying on diverse human resources and gender-equality. Therefore, we explicitly invite foreigner or women when applicants are equally qualified in performance evaluation.|
|14. Application Forms||Download|