The following positions are currently available.
（Lecturer/Assistant Professor at Research Program for Omics-based Medical Science, GIAR）
|1. Position Offered||One (1) Lecturer or Assistant Professor
Affiliation: Research Program for Omics-based Medical Science,
Division of Integrated Oncology Research,
Gunma University Initiative for Advanced Research (GIAR)
3-39-22 Showa-Machi, Maebashi, Gunma 371-8511 JAPAN
|2. Term of Employment||From April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2020
*When Research Program for Omics-based Medical Science continues after April 1, 2020, the term of employment will be renewed for so long as the program continues, up to ten years from the beginning of employment. Please note that performance of the Lecturer/Assistant Professor will be subject to review during the term of employment and the term will not be renewed for the unsuccessful reviewee.
|3. Overview||Gunma University Initiative for Advanced Research (GIAR) was established in 2014 to promote research in the advanced research fields where Gunma University has great strengths by forming research bases for both domestic and overseas researchers.
Research Program for Omics-based Medical Science was launched in GIAR as a six-year program (FY2014-2019) in principle. The program may be reformed or discontinued at the end of FY2019 as a result of the assessment.
|4. Duties||(1) Carry out research in the field of Research Program for Omics-based Medical Science, Division of Integrated Oncology Research.
(2) May be involved in education of graduate and undergraduate students related to the field of research above.
|5. Salary and Benefits||According to Gunma University Employment Regulations (National health insurance, pension, and labor insurance are included.)|
|6. Qualifications||Applicants are required to have the followings:
(1) a Ph.D. degree.
(2) experience of Omics-based analysis or bioinformatics-based analysis.
(3) experience in medical research (desirably in medical development research).
(4) a medical license (desirable).
(5) outstanding knowledge and experience related to the job duties mentioned above.
|7. Deadline||Wednesday, December 27, 2017|
|8. Selection of Candidates||(1) Initial screening will be based on review of application materials.
(2) Shortlisted applicants may be required to interview and make a presentation.
*Applicants will be informed with details at a later date.
(3) Applicants will be informed of the final decision by early February.
|9. Starting Date||April 1, 2018|
|10. Application Materials||(1) A Curriculum Vitae (Form 1)
(2) A List of Publications and Activities (Form 2)
(3) Copies of up to 3 publications
(4) A Summary of previous research activities and a Statement of Purpose regarding research and educational goals at Research Program for Omics-based Medical Science
(5) A letter of recommendation or a list of persons to whom the applicant’s research and educational achievement can be referred (up to2 persons, the list should include the name and contact information)
The necessary forms are available on the following website: http://www.giar.gunma-u.ac.jp/en/2015/07/10/application-forms/
* All the documents provided by applicants will be used only for the selection, and will not be disclosed or provided to any third party without justifiable reasons. The application documents will not returned.
|11. Send application to||Advanced Research Support Office,
Research Promotion Division,
Maebashi, Gunma 371-8511 JAPAN
*Send the application by registered mail and indicate “Application Enclosed” on the envelope.
|12. For further information, contact||Advanced Research Support Office, Research Promotion Division, Gunma University
TEL +81 (0)27-220-8116 / 8028 FAX +81 (0)27-220-8114
(Please replace “#@#” with “@”.)
|13. Other||At GIAR, we are actively promoting both education and research activities while relying on diverse human resources and gender-equality. Therefore, we explicitly invite foreigner or women when applicants are equally qualified in performance evaluation.|
|14. Application Forms||Download|