Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Signal Research
#Position : Assistant Professor
We mainly aim to understand the following cellular events at a molecular level:
- Molecular mechanism and biological significance of cellular ATP homeostasis
- ATP homeostasis and cellular ageing
- A mechanism by which stresses activates Rho1-Pkc1 pathway
Morita R, Numata O, Nakano K, *Takaine M. Cell cycle-dependent phosphorylation of IQGAP is involved in assembly and stability of the contractile ring in fission yeast. BBRC, 2020.
*Takaine M, Ueno M, Kitamura K, Imamura H, and Yoshida S. Reliable imaging of ATP in living budding and fission yeast. Journal of Cell Science, in press
Ito H, Sugawara T, Shinkai S, Mizukawa S, Kondo A, Senda H, Sawai K, Ito K, Suzuki S, *Takaine M, et al. Spindle pole body movement is affected by glucose and ammonium chloride in fission yeast. Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 511: 820-825, 2019.
Ohashi K, Chaleckis R, *Takaine M, Wheelock CE, and Yoshida S. Kynurenine aminotransferase activity of Aro8/Aro9 engage tryptophan degradation by producing kynurenic acid in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Scientific Reports 7: 12180, 2017.
*Takaine M, Numata O, Nakano K. An actin-myosin-II interaction is involved in maintaining the contractile ring in fission yeast. Journal of Cell Science, 128: 2903-2918, 2015.
*Takaine M, Imada K, Numata O, Nakamura T, Nakano K. The meiosis-specific nuclear passenger protein is required for proper assembly of forespore membrane in fission yeast. Journal of Cell Science, 127: 4429-4442, 2014.
*Takaine M, Numata O, Nakano K. Fission yeast IQGAP maintains F-actin-independent localization of myosin-II in the contractile ring. Genes to Cells, 19: 161-176, 2014.
*Takaine M, Numata O, Nakano K. Fission yeast IQGAP arranges actin filaments into the cytokinetic contractile ring. The EMBO Journal, 28: 3117-3131, 2009.
#Position : Researcher
Molecular mechanisms of metabolic regulation by lipid signaling
- Hannich JT, Umebayashi K, Riezman H. Distribution and functions of sterols and sphingolipids. Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives in Biology. 2011 3: a004762.
- Umebayashi K, Stenmark H, Yoshimori T. Ubc4/5 and c-Cbl continue to ubiquitinate EGF receptor after internalization to facilitate polyubiquitination and degradation. Molecular Biology of the Cell. 2008 19: 3454-3462.
- Umebayashi K, Nakano A. Ergosterol is required for targeting of tryptophan permease to the yeast plasma membrane. Journal of Cell Biology. 2003 161: 1117-1131.
- Umebayashi K, Fukuda R, Hirata A, Horiuchi H, Nakano A, Ohta A, Takagi M. Activation of the Ras-cAMP signal transduction pathway inhibits the proteasome-independent degradation of misfolded protein aggregates in the endoplasmic reticulum lumen. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2011 276: 41444-41454.